This will be my last post of the year: I’m looking forward to spending a few work-free days with my family over Christmas. I hope that you will be having a break too.
Play with Learning is one year old and I am delighted with how things have turned out over the last twelve months. I’ve enjoyed some really interesting and varied work – it’s precisely the mix that I’d hoped for when I set the company up – a combination of theory and practice, research and production.
This year I’ve been happily working with:
- the BBC (helping them define a strategy for their learning games)
- the United Nations (developing a blended learning leadership program for head teachers in Palestinian schools)
- DESQ and Glasshead (for BBC Webwise)
- Numiko (for the forthcoming BBC Primary Art and Primary Geography websites)
- Tyneside Cinema (on the soon-to-be launched News That Defined Us website for news media literacy)
- the University of Bradford (writing a Masters course on digital media production and delivering a final year module on Creative Media Enterprise)
- Channel 4, the National Film and Television School and Skillset (providing professional multiplatform production and Transmedia storytelling training)
It’s been a blissfully busy time! I’ve made lots of new friends and contacts. I’ve played a lot and I’ve learnt a great deal.
I’m excited about the opportunities in 2012. I know that some of the production pieces will launch in the next couple of months and there are lots of exciting projects in the pipeline. Having said that, I’m always interested in new opportunities so maybe, just maybe there’s something that you and I could collaborate on?
maybe there’s something that you and I could collaborate on?
In the meantime, let me wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.