This is the default text
Some of the articles that have caught my eye this week.
- The seduction secrets of video game designers from The Observer http://j.mp/jXRfP4
- Interesting article from @gamasutra – Unsocial ‘Social’ Games http://j.mp/kaItTZ
- RT @dripster: “Hollywood shuns intelligent entertainment. The games industry doesn’t. Guess who’s winning?” http://bit.ly/iEcxHk
- Value of art? Men who visit galleries, museums & theatre enjoy better health and are more satisfied with life. From BMJ http://bit.ly/mSaZ3k
- The value of self-talk – Thoughts That Win from Association for Psychological Science http://j.mp/mhVnLF
- 10 differences between your brain and a computer http://j.mp/mqyXRA
- Satisfaction with life and the level of state intervention go hand in hand according to study http://j.mp/ih6lOV
- RT @TheEconomist: The OECD has launched its Better Life index to measure well-being as an alternative to GDP http://econ.st/lThxJR
- Economic Recovery is Stronger in States Where People are More Optimistic http://j.mp/lbG3PP
- RT @BBCCollege: Social networks vs TV – top ten fascinating stats: http://bbc.in/jAHEYL
- Interesting paper by @mweller: Higher education and the promises and perils of social network http://j.mp/lIwuhK
- BBC – Newsbeat – Facebook should allow under 13s says Mark Zuckerberg http://bbc.in/jEHVeA
- #BBC scraps #multiplatform commissioners. Report in Broadcast http://bit.ly/lKhCcY
- RT @SkillsetSSC: #FastTrain Multiplatform Production presentation from @Kirsty_Hunter now storified! http://ht.ly/52KZL
- Study highlighting benefit of physical activity for improving learning http://j.mp/mp4imS
- RT @SirKenRobinson: Nicely ironic piece on the trouble with innovation in education: http://wapo.st/jmiGeK
- RT @Propellernet: How social media and game mechanics can motivate students – http://on.mash.to/ieEOyQ – making learning fun?!
User Experience/ Usability
- RT kai_en_ong Our very talented Kutlu on: BBC Internet Blog: BBC World Service Language Websites: user experience and typography – http://bbc.in/jSHbeR
- RT @mylesrun: The State of iPad Usability http://feedly.com/k/kvcQ6p Good old Nielsen – stating the obvious and upsetting folks.
- Something a bit random – ever wanted a really sharp knife? Watch this from PopSci http://j.mp/l1ZOZ9
- Turning 8-Bit Pixel Art Into Cute, Bubbly Vector Drawings from Popular Science http://j.mp/lQ70Kv
- RT brainpicker 30 ways to experiment with shadows in your photos – the ultimate guide to shadowplay http://j.mp/ks0OQo
- RT @robinbloor: Surely it’s no coincidence that the word “listen” is an anagram of the word “silent”.
- RT @LozKaye: Credit to BBC and ACE for releasing http://digitalcapacity.artscouncil.org.uk/ under Creative Commons. #digicaparts